The Best 28 Christmas Carol's
What is a Carol?
A carol is a religious folk song or popular hymn, particularly one associated with Christmas.
What does a carol mean?
The word carol actually means a dance or song of praise and joy. Early Christians took over the pagan solstice celebrations for Christmas and gave people Christian songs to sing instead of pagan ones. In 129, a Roman Bishop said that a song called "Angel's Hymn" should be sung at a Christmas service in Rome.
Why are carols sung?
Carols are sung to celebrate the Christian message by singing about the birth of Jesus. Christian words were added to favourite songs. By the late Middle Ages, carols had become more associated with Christmas and the nativity.
The 28 Best Carols:
1. Silent Night
2. Joy to the World
3. O Come All Ye Faithful
4. We Three Kings
5. O Little Town of Bethlehem
6. The First Noel
7. Ding Dong Merrily on High
8.The Virgin Mary Had a Baby Boy
9. Go Tell it On the Mountain
10. Angels We Have Heard on High
11. Little Drummer Boy
12. O Holy Night
13. While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks By Night
14. God Rest You Merry Gentlemen
15. Once in Royal David's City
16. Good King Wenceslas
17. Holly and the Ivy
18. Angels from the Realms of Glory
19. The Friendly Beasts
20. I Saw Three Ships
21. Here We Come A-Carolling
22. What Child is This?
23. Infant Holy Infant Lowly
24. Christ Was Born on Christmas Day
25. When Jesus Born Oh Happy Day
26. Children Go Where I Send Thee
27. It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
28. O Come O Come Emmanuel
Share the best Christmas carols with your family and friends!
Check out YouTube's best Christmas songs
- choosing a selection results in a full page refresh
- press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection