Reindeer Afghan Cookie Recipe
The perfect treat to share with your loved ones on Christmas day or a lovely gift to give away. These gorgeous reindeer Afghans will add a new level of deliciousness to your Christmas feast!
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 13 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 200g butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa
- 2 cups cornflakes
For the frosting:
- 50g butter
- 1/3 cocoa
- 1 cup icing sugar
For the decorations:
- Walnuts / pretzels for ears
- Jaffas (or something red) for nose
- White chocolate buttons for eyes
- Preheat oven to 170ºC. Grease or line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Sift cocoa and flour. Stir into creamed mixture. Fold in cornflakes.
- Make small balls of mixture and add onto the tray, gently pressing together.
- Bake for 13 minutes. They will look undercooked, but the key is to leave them to cool.
- When cool ice with chocolate icing and decorate!
- In a small pot, melt butter
- Add cocoa and mix
- Add icing sugar – turn off heat
- Add drops as needed for a smooth consistency
Store them in the fridge so they stay nice and chewy!
Subscribe to our Christmas Club and get a free song!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.